Experimenting with backgrounds..again

As I was coding my app, I realised I simply did not like the look of the backgrounds. I felt that having background images (like I had originally intended) would bring the overall look of the app up more, and I would be more satisfied with it.

From looking at previous Final Year Projects, I just feel like my app doesn’t look as good as anything that has been produced. And I feel that adding background images back in would help that.

So… I did some experimentation again with backgrounds. I only did a few, but the ones I did I made sure that the text was easy to read against the background by adding a gaussian blur and a dark colour overlay.

This is my last try with background images, and I am told that they are still not legible, I will stick with the gradients I am currently using.

bg-eg1

bg-eg2-blur

bg-eg3

bg-eg4

bg-eg5

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s